Find a therapist licensed by the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work (ABECSW).
The American Board of Examiners (ABE) serves as the national voice of professionalism and provides certification for clinical social workers practicing mental health. Certification is recognized by healthcare professionals, insurance carriers, and court systems.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from an accredited school
- Valid state licensure at the highest clinical level
- 40 hours of clinical continuing education
- Minimum of five years of post-graduate clinical social work practice
- Pass clinical peer evaluations