We are halfway through 2021 and it’s clear some changes are staying. One of them is the increasing percentage of people who are looking to Google to help them find help for mental health online.
So it’s more important than ever to make sure that your name shows up when potential clients are searching for a particular type of help that you provide.
What Is Google My Business? Why is it Important?
Google My Business is a free Business Profile that business can set up with Google directly. Google my business allows the business to:
- Manage their contact information and ensure its accuracy
- Link to their website
- Provide users with easy access to answers to frequently asked questions
- Shows reviews, which are the word of mouth of the digital age
Getting the Most Out of Google My Business
- Learn how it works. There are a lot of great resources on Google and Youtube if you are unfamiliar with GMB.
- Set up your Google My Business account with complete, current, and accurate information.
- Be as specific as possible. Your specialties are your advantage when it comes to Google, since the more specific they are, the less competition you will have for those terms. That makes you more likely to come up #1!
- Include as much information as possible. Google rewards using as many of the available features they offer as you can. For example, Google gave a boost to businesses that updated their COVID policies, or teletherapy policies over the past year.
- Fill in all the information. Even if it doesn’t seem immediately relevant, the more information you fill in, the more likely it is for Google to increase your rankings, which will increase your traffic, and then your business.
- Ask colleagues for reviews. See if those who regularly refer clients to you will write up a quick review. You can make this quick and easy for them by using our email template and providing a direct link in the request.
- Stay up to date. Google My Business is not a one and done task. Google really rewards businesses that check in periodically and keep their information up to date. We recommend checking in once a month to give yourself the best boost in search results.